Tuesday 22 July 2014

Kerferd | Whiting Architects

Sometimes I come across an image in Pinterest that I love, and on further investigation I find it's just one of many beautiful photographs from the same home. That's when I know I have to share that home with you. This stunning home is by Melbourne architecture and interior design practice Whiting Architects. Obviously a dynamic duo, architect Steven Whiting and creative director Carole Whiting oversee eight more talented staff members.




I just love the beautiful simplicity and honesty of the materials used in this home. A gorgeous Scandinavian colour palette of black, white and warm wood has been used throughout, with the addition of lots of yummy texture.




There are several nooks (you know I love them!) including this small space that creates an entrance. A table and a piece of art welcome you into the house.






Pushing two tables together to create a large table top is a fantastic idea, if you're lucky enough to have the room. The tables sit on a platform raised above the kitchen floor, which helps to define the two areas.




Another little nook at the end of the kitchen provides a lovely sunny spot to relax.





Above the kitchen is a narrow office. Touches of red and pink help to bring warmth to the mainly white space.






I'm a big fan of delicious linen sheets, and I absolutely love the headboard with the buttons - do you think it's actually a duvet cover that's been re-purposed?





Not to disappoint, the bathrooms are also amazing, carrying on the colour theme and the simple, clean lines. Curves have been used to soften the straight lines, in the bath, the mirrors, the wall hooks, and the stool.






I just love this home, it's really beautiful but restrained, I'm so inspired. For more inspiration pop over and check out more projects by Whiting Architects.

2 comments :

  1. Thank you: (photography by www.sharyncairns.com.au) styling Carole Whiting
    It was our house. We loved it but onto the next one now, almost finished
    steven whiting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So amazing Steven and Carole, and I'm sure your current home will be too x

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips